Senior Laboratory Technician – Disinfectant Testing
We currently have a vacancy for a full-time Senior Technician in disinfectant testing in our Validation area. This is a temporary role for 12 months but may become permanent.
Working hours would be 37.5 per week between the hours of 8:00AM to 4:00PM, occasional weekend working will be required.
- Good organisational skills.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication.
- Ability to record data accurately.
- Ability to prioritise and work well under pressure.
- To lead and perform disinfectant efficacy studies following client specific protocols and a variety of BS EN Methods. For example, suspension testing (BS EN: 1276 (Bactericidal Activity), BS EN: 1650 (Fungicidal Activity), BS EN: 13704 (Sporicidal Activity) and BS EN: 13697 (Surface Testing).
- Writing protocols for disinfectant efficacy studies, test method design and validation, SOPs, and study/technical reports.
- General administration duties including collating, reviewing and approving various laboratory records.
- To ensure work is completed to the required level of quality in a timely manner.
- Ensuring stock levels of appropriate media and consumables are maintained at the desired level.
- Conduct incident investigations concerning out of specification results.
- Provide operational support, problem solving and suggestions to improve current processes.
- Training and supervision of junior staff.
- To communicate with customers over routine work requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in microbiology or other related degree subject, or equivalent directly related experience.
- Knowledge and competency in conducting disinfectant efficacy studies in a laboratory setting.
- Knowledge and experience in disinfectant neutralization.
- Understanding of microorganism growth and recoveries, and ability to apply skills to new situations.
- Salary up to £24,000 – depending on qualifications or experience
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Auto enrolment pension, life cover, employee assistance program and medical cash back scheme
- Free car park, tea, coffee, hot chocolate and fruit
- Day off on your birthday (after 6 months’ probation)
Please apply with your CV via email@example.com
Wickham Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.