Microbiology Testing Services
At Wickham Laboratories, we have a fully equipped microbiology facility and our staff are knowledgeable in a wide range of medical device and pharmaceutical microbiology testing methods. With over 50 years of testing behind us, we are experienced with both regulatory expectations and those of our clients, and utilise industry standard harmonised methods compliant with Ph Eur, USP, JP and ISO standards to tackle the challenges of each individual project.
We understand just how crucial microbiological quality is in the product development life cycle and regularly perform microbiological testing for the pharmaceutical industry, conducting analysis of a variety of pharmaceutical products for batch release into European and International markets. We are also able to undertake development work in medical devices to confirm proof of concept, in addition to the routine requirements of sterilisation and bioburden testing.
We provide a wide range of high standard microbiology validation and quality control services including:
- Antimicrobial / preservative efficacy
- Bacterial endotoxin testing (limulus amebocyte lysate)
- Bioburden determination (ISO 11737-1)
- Biological indicator testing (ISO 11138 series)
- Cytotoxicity (ISO 10993-5 /USP 87)
- Environmental monitoring including training, risk assessment, commissioning and routine monitoring services
- Log reduction testing
- Method validation /suitability assessment
- Media quality control
- Microbial identification (via MALDI-ToF)
- Microbial limits testing including Total Aerobic Microbial Counts (TAMC) / quality control testing methodology
- Sterility testing (ISO 11135-1 / ISO 11737-2)
You can get in touch with us directly by filling out the contact form on our contact us page. Alternatively, you can call us directly on +44 (0)1329 226600.
We also regularly produce informative webinars and other technical resources which may be of interest and are accessible via our website; to access these, please visit our Resource Centre.