Mechanical Engineering Apprentice
We currently have an apprenticeship vacancy for a Mechanical Engineer with our site services team. Working hours would be 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday 8AM-4PM. College attendance will be required.
On completion of internal training, the successful candidate should be prepared to join the call out rota (currently 1 week in 4 for 24/7); this may change according to the number of staff available on rota. Occasional weekend working may also be required.
- Mechanical engineer
- Problem solving skills, ability multitask and to work well under pressure
- Can work alone or as part of a team
- Electrical experience
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication
- Able to carry out basic DIY tasks
- Repair and maintenance of mechanical equipment and systems throughout the site including compressed gas, steam and water
- Repair and/or installation of pipework (pressurised and non-pressurised systems)
- Basic electrical fault finding and repairs to equipment / systems throughout the site
- Calibrate and service gauges
- Conduct routine visual inspections of plant and equipment replacing consumables such as filters, belts, pumps and lighting
- Undertake routine site service system checks including boilers, fire systems and water systems
- Learn about and comply with Good Manufacturing Practice and other appropriate regulatory requirements
- General housekeeping duties
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent, two of which should be Maths and English
- Knowledge of GxP Systems and other appropriate regulatory requirements
Salary and reward package:
- Salary £11,200 per annum (£5.75/hour)
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Auto enrolment pensions, life cover, employee assistance program and medical cash back scheme
- Extra day off on your birthday
- Free car park, tea and coffee
Please apply with your CV via email@example.com
Wickham Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We often receive a high volume of applications for our vacancies so we are not always able to respond to every application. If you have not received a response from us within 14 days of the closing date above, unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion.