Laboratory Technician – Media Preparation
We currently have a full-time vacancy for a Laboratory Technician in our Pharmaceutical Microbiology department.
Working hours would be 37.5 per week. Shift work will be required, i.e. 6am to 2pm, 8am to 4pm or 11am to 7pm. Occasional weekend working will be required when requirements are increased due to work levels.
- Good organisational skills
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to record data accurately
- Ability to prioritise and work well under pressure
- Manufacture of laboratory broths and agars for testing purposes
- Performing pH evaluation of the broths and agars
- Transporting media to the laboratories
- Operating autoclaves
- General housekeeping and cleaning of the laboratory areas
- General laboratory duties
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent, including Maths and English
- Previous laboratory experience would be beneficial
Salary and reward package:
- Salary £14,625 – £15,606 depending on qualifications and experience
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Auto enrolment pensions, life cover, employee assistance program and medical cash back scheme
- Extra day off on your birthday
- Free car park, tea and coffee
Please apply with your CV via firstname.lastname@example.org
Wickham Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We often receive a high volume of applications for our vacancies so we are not always able to respond to every application. If you have not received a response from us within 14 days of the closing date above, unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion.