As a GMP/GLP compliant laboratory with over 50 years of experience, Wickham Laboratories Ltd is an established name in the fields of pharmaceutical and medical device contract testing, research and consultancy.
Administration Assistant – Microbiology
We have a vacancy for a full time Administration Assistant in our Microbiology Department. This position will be working in the Microbiology Administration area but would also offer assistance to the Sample Booking department. Working hours would be 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday. Occasional overtime might be required.
- Good organisational skills
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to record data accurately
- Strong administration skills
- Ability to prioritise and work well under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Computer literate with competent knowledge of Microsoft package
- Day to day administration duties
- Assisting with Certificate of Analysis reports
- Communicate results to selected clients by telephone, email or fax as required
- Receiving samples and booking – in of samples onto Laboratory Information Management System
- Answering the telephone
- Assisting with the organisation of sample collections
- Preparing the post
- Dealing with incoming telephone calls
- Photocopying and binding of laboratory books
- Other general administration and housekeeping duties
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C/4 or above, two of which should be in Maths and English
- Previous experience in a similar position would be an advantage
- Word and Excel experience would be beneficial
Salary and reward package:
- £14,625 – £17,690 per annum depending on qualifications and experience
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Auto enrolment pension, life cover, employee assistance program and medical cash back scheme
- Free car park, tea and coffee
If you are interested in working with us at Wickham Laboratories, please apply via firstname.lastname@example.org including a copy of your CV and a cover letter clearly stating which vacancy you are interested in.
Wickham Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.